Erin Bagwell is a filmmaker and feminist blogger residing in Brooklyn, New York. In 2013 she founded Feminist Wednesday, a feminist storytelling blog. In the summer of 2014 she launched a successful Kickstarter campaign, raising over $100,000 in funding to produce her first feature-length film Dream, Girl.
In May 2016, Dream, Girl screened at the White House as part of the United State of Women Summit followed by a sold out screening at the iconic Paris Theater in New York City.
In 2017, Erin was selected to be part of the American Film Showcase, which is part of the U.S. Department of State in coordination with U.S. embassies and consulates. They send American documentarians on trips to various countries around the world to screen their films, lead filmmaking workshops and engage with audiences.
Dream, Girl is available worldwide for public screenings and was named the number one feminist documentary to watch by the Huffington Post.
The Girl With A Dream
Meet the feminist turned filmmaker
SCREENING + Q&A:
- Dream, Girl Film Screening with moderated Q&A and questions from the audience
- Pricing: $5K (outside of NYC + travel and accommodations)
- A Gal’s Guide to Making a Movie: Filmmaking 101 | Erin will bring her audience on a journey from ideation and production to launch and distribution. As the founder, director, editor, and producer of Dream, Girl, no one is closer to the film’s creative process than Erin and she can speak directly from her own experience to dispel some of the myths around what it takes to make a feature-length film.
- Crowdfunding + Branding Your Business | In August 2014, Erin launched a successful Kickstarter campaign, raising over $100K in 30 days to start production on Dream, Girl. In this workshop, Erin will share her tips and tricks for creating a successful crowdfunding campaign and discuss the pitfalls and challenges that lie in the fundraising process.
- Money Myths | Empowering women financially is central to the Dream, Girl movement. In this workshop, Erin will help attendees work through some of the hangups and problematic narratives they have about money and abundance to lead to breakthroughs in their business and lives.
- The Importance of Women Sharing Their Stories | Erin’s passion for female-centric storytelling and narratives that see women embody their full humanity is a driving force behind her work as a filmmaker. In this workshop, Erin will discuss the importance of women owning their experiences, sharing them with their tribe and will provide information on how best to share a story and when to tell others about your experiences.
- Pricing: $7K (outside of NYC + travel and accommodations)
- Women Investing in Women (dissecting money narratives): Erin can speak directly to how she evolved her business into a revenue-generating distribution company with the financial backing of angel investors and Kickstarter supporters. She seeks to debunk the damaging money narratives we have and empower women in their financial pursuits.
- Following Your Dreams + Creativity (the steps you take to follow your dream and my journey as a filmmaker): Erin will discuss the importance of connecting with creativity to achieve your goals and how staying true to her high dream saw her through the ideation process to produce Dream, Girl.
- Feminism + Women in Business (from being sexually harassed to finding empowerment through your business): Managing self-care, imposter syndrome, and the responsibilities of managing a company can be overwhelming, especially for women. As a founder, Erin can discuss the unique experiences women face in business and how we can overcome the hurdles in our way to ultimately thrive in our industries.
- Pricing: $10K (outside of NYC + travel and accommodations)
“You could hear a pin drop.
Erin had 544 girls completely
mesmerized by her storytelling.
After taking about 20 minutes
worth of questions, the school
day was over, but our students
simply wouldn’t leave.”
Buffalo Academy of the Sacred Heart, Head of School
PREVIOUSLY SPOKEN AT:
by TED + Clinque
INTERVIEWS & ARTICLES:
PREVIOUS SPEAKING EVENTS:
April 10th, 2017 | Dream, Girl screening + Q&A with Goldman Sacks
March 27th, 2017 | Women Investing in Women, Keynote at Microsoft
March 22nd, 2017 | Creativity + Money, Panel Discussion at Bond Collective (Co-Working Space)
March 8th, 2017 | Dream, Girl Screening + Q&A with the women in the film at JP Morgan Chase for International Women’s Day
March 8th, 2017 | Dream, Girl Screening + Q&A at WeWork Charging Bull
March 3rd, 2017 | Dream, Girl Screening + Q&A with Freshbooks
January 12th, 2017 | Dream, Girl screening + Q&A with Joanne Wilson (featured in the film) and Erin Bagwell
November 16th-17th, 2016 | WT Enterprise Center, 2 Day Amarillo, Texas Dream, Girl Tour
November 1st, 2016 | Mayfair Dream, Girl screening with the First Lady of Canada Ms. Sophie Grégoire Trudeau
October 13th, 2016 | TIME Dream, Girl screening and Q&A following the film
October 1st | Bushwick Film Festival Dream, Girl screening and Q&A following the film
September 27th-September29th | Buffalo, NY Dream, Girl Tour
September 26th, 2016 | VaynerMedia Dream, Girl screening and Q&A following the film
July 28th, 2016 | BroadMic Dream, Girl screening at LMHQ
June 9th, 2016 | Paris Theater Dream, Girl World Premiere and Q&A following the film
May 26th, 2016 | The White House screening of Dream, Girl and Q&A following the film
July 29th, 2015 | WeWork Founded By Women Panel Event
June 19, 2015 | Women’s Urban Retreat Presented by Lean In NYC: Dream
February 12-13, 2015 | 5th Annual Women’s Leadership Conference Pre-Conference Keynote Speaker
February 4th, 2015 | David Lynch MA in Film Class: “How to Crush Your Kickstarter Campaign”
January 24th 2015 | Step Up: “I Dream To…” Mentoring Conference: How to Follow Your Dreams
November 10th, 2014 | Girl Develop It Leadership Summit: How Feminism Changed My Life
November 3, 2014 | NYC Lady Project 3×3 Speaker
September 27-28th, 2014 | Scaling Change Film Festival: How to Crowdfund your Film
September 25th, 2014 | HATCH Keynote Speaker: How to Crush Your Kickstarter Campaign
September 23rd, 2014 | Canisius College: The Power of Creating and Analyzing the Media
September 22nd, 2014 | Sacred Heart Academy of Buffalo: Following Your Heart and Making Media
September 10th. 2014 | Gilt Women in Tech Happy Hour: Meet Erin and the Dream, Girl film