- Erin Bagwell launched the Dream, Girl Kickstarter campaign launched August 6th, 2014.
- The Dream, Girl Kickstarter campaign raised $104,157 in 30 days with 1,904 backers.
- The Dream, Girl Kickstarter video has been seen 68,982 times.
- Dream, Girl was produced by an all female production crew, you can meet them here!
- Dream, Girl was created and directed by Erin Bagwell, you can meet her here!
- Dream, Girl interviewed a dozen entrepreneurs Oct-Nov 2014 for the film as well as cultural experts and investors on why women are starting 1,200 companies a day.
- Komal Minhas joins Erin’s dream and become a producer of Dream, Girl
- Dream, Girl made its first television appearance on the FOX Business station. Erin was interviewed about the film’s crowdfunding campaign on Risk & Reward with Deirdre Bolton.
- Dream, Girl has been written about by Forbes, Vogue, The Washington Post, The Huffington Post, Jezebel, and Upworthy just to name a few.
- Dream, Girl launched their new trailer on March 8th, 2015 to celebrate International Women’s Day. You can watch the new trailer here which has been viewed over 48,000 times.
- Dream, Girl was invited to the Cannes Film Festival in France May 2015 where Producer Komal spoke on a panel hosted by HP about women trending in filmmaking.
- Dream, Girl Producers Erin and Komal were invited to TEDWomen in May 2015 as part of Clinique’s #smartideas campaign in partnership with TED. They featured Erin and Komal in the campaign which you can watch here.
- Dream, Girl Producers Erin and Komal were named on Oprah’s #SuperSoul100 List, a list of 100 game-changers hand selected by Oprah herself
- Dream, Girl hosted a private screening at the White House May 26th, 2016 hosted by the White House Council on Women and Girls
- Dream, Girl premiered publicly in NYC in June 9th 2016. Watch a clip from the premiere here!
- In the film’s first year of release Dream, Girl has been seen at over 250 community screening events in over 40 different countries.
- The film has been hosted by companies like NASA, Twitter, Google, Target, Goldman Sachs, TIME, Mailchimp, and many more. However most of our local screenings are hosted by influential women in their communities who want to empower and inspire their network and bring Dream, Girl to their tribe. Click here to host your own event!
The Dream, Girl Journey:
At the tail end of 2016, Dream, Girl producers Erin Bagwell & Komal Minhas reflect on a year that not only launched their first feature-length film, but brought together a community of female entrepreneurs that sparked a movement. From meeting through Kickstarter to touring with the documentary across North America, Erin and Komal chat about the tremendous ups (and downs!) of the Dream, Girl journey and share their dreams for the year ahead.